I first became interested in Radiology whilst observing CT scanning on a surgical elective in Newfoundland, Canada. I worked as a clinician in the UK and Australia, before returning to the UK to start training in Radiology. I developed an interest in musculoskeletal radiology early on, which complemented my sporting interests. After completing a specialist musculoskeletal radiology fellowship at the Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre in Oxford, I worked as a consultant radiologist at the Great Western Hospital in Swindon, which has excellent orthopaedic and radiology departments.
More recently I have been working in Cirencester, and for GP Care throughout Gloucestershire. Whilst working for GP Care, many patients commented that they liked having ultrasound scans more locally. This gave me the idea of trying to provide a more local and personal ultrasound scan service. I also report MRI and CT scans, which can be arranged via Cobalt Health in Cheltenham, on request from your local health professional.
- MRI scan reporting - specialist in orthopaedic, sports, spinal & rheumatological conditions, & traumatic brain injury in contact sports.
- Diagnostic ultrasound of muscles, tendons, ligaments, joints, nerves, and soft tissues, including hernias and lumps and bumps.
- Other ultrasound types - abdominal, neck/thyroid, deep veins & testes.
- Ultrasound guided diagnostic and therapeutic injections of tendon sheaths, bursae, joints, nerves, trigger points, and soft tissues
- Ultrasound guided high volume injections for frozen shoulder and tendinopathy.
- Fluoroscopic guided spinal nerve root blocks, facet joint injections, and rhizolysis.
- Radiology and referral advice for all health care professionals
Severn Deanery Radiology Training Rotation
Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre, Oxford
Experienced runner over 25 years (up to marathon distance)